Geotex 500 and 600 range fibres are a new generation product that are fast replacing conventional steel mesh.
PlusNet/Geotex is a global manufacturer and supplier of makro-synthetic fibres. Macro-synthetic fibres are used in reinforced concrete and shotcrete instead of weld mesh or steel fibres. Industrial fibres for crack prevention, durability and impact-resistance.
The Geotex 500 and 600 ranges consist of modified virgin polypropylene-based fibres with additives to increase the adhesion of the fibre to concrete. Geotex fibres are easier to work with than welded mesh and deliver the same or better results in terms of crack prevention, improved ductility, abrasion and impact-resistance.
Before laying the concrete or shotcrete, thousands of fibres are evenly distributed throughout the mix, which then sit in place when the concrete sets. When cracking occurs, the fibres will create a tension over the crack at the point of failure, minimising its propagation and damage, as a result of temperature and shrinkage strains.
Geotex macro fibres are designed with post-crack performance as the primary function, but they can be used in a range of applications, including:
- Shotcrete reinforcement for mining and tunnelling
- Flooring, as a replacement for crack control mesh
- Engineered slab on grade concrete paving
- Precast segments
- Roadway toppings
There are many advantages to choosing Geotex fibres, including:
- Lower cost than traditional steel reinforcements
- Increased worker productivity through time saved placing concrete
- Fibres are safer and lighter to handle than steel, resulting in fewer injuries
- Elimination of problems associated with steel mesh placing, such as binding and cutting
- Greater performance and efficiency
- Improved shrinkage crack control
- Improved temperature crack control
- Increased post-crack load capacity
- Improved concrete ductility
- Corrosion-free and do not rust
- A reduced carbon footprint
Available in quantities of 3kg or 6kg boxes.
Geotex fibres carries the CE marking according to EN 14889-2:2006, for distribution in EU countries.
Agricultural shade netting and HDPE ski-rope for cargo nets
In addition to macro fibres, PlusNet offers a wide range of agricultural shade netting that is tailored to improve spectral transmittance to optimise production output. The range includes site screening nets, dune and mining rehabilitation nets, decorative nets, privacy screens and ground sheets.
BOPHA brand HDPE ski ropes are ideal for use in cargo netting and general outdoor use. Products are available in sizes of 7mm, 10mm and 12mm, and come in pre-packed or bulk pack quantities.
PlusNet/Geotex has a proven reputation for quality and service and maintains the ISO: 9001, 2015 standard.
The PlusNet/Geotex team is ready to assist you with net- or fibre-related inquiries, contact us to get your quote today!